NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » hex error on boot

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

Hi I keep getting a error that looks like this

make: *** [initialload.hex] Error 1
December 27, 2010
by missle3944

its on the CMD

December 27, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi missle3944,

This is a very general error that could mean many things. Could you please post the entire error you get on the command line. If you post a screenshot of the error it would likely help us help you better.

Humberto

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

here

Alt Text

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

http://img824.imageshack.us/i/prob2a.jpg/

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

Alt Text

December 27, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi missle3944,

You do have yourself a strange error there. I think the problem might be that you did not correctly extract the entire code folder from the zip file it came in. The fact that part of your code seems to be invoking something in the LocalTemp makes me suspicious. Make sure you have dragged the entire Code folder out of its zip file onto your Documents folder, before cd'ing your way into it using the command line.

If that is not the problem, then it is possible that you either deleated some of the includes in initialload.c accidentally, or you accidentally edited something else in your Makefile when you were trying to edit the COM port. If you post the Makefile you are using we can check if that is the problem.

Humberto

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

I dont know what could be wrong

Alt Text

December 27, 2010
by missle3944

OK now it was able to connect but it always says this. Alt Text Do you think there is a cable unplugged or the USB isnt interfaced correctly becuase I am able to see the USB to prolific serial driver

December 30, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi missle3944,

This is a slightly stranger error. Most of the time this happens due to to a weak battery, but since your kit should be fairly new this is unlikely. If you have a multimeter do check the voltage at the battery and at the power rails. You should have really close to 9V from the battery, and pretty much exactly 5V across the power rails. Also make sure all the wires are nice and snug, especially the programming cable wires.

Humberto

December 30, 2010
by missle3944

currently I am running off the USB for power and I still get an error

December 30, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi missle3944,

Can we get a good close up picture of your setup, just to verify that everything looks right. Also just to make sure, are you consistently getting the exact same error from your last picture? Or is the error different?

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits make a great parent/child activity? Learn more...