NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Python for Led Marquee questions

June 22, 2009
by Tug

Hello,

I've been having problems running python, yes I am new to it. I've downloaded Python 2.6. When I try to run the code for the led Marquee(python-listener.py) it tells me that line 49 "sendOverride = True" is wrong, when I delete it to see if there are other errors it give me this :

<code>

Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:UsersasusDesktopProjectsNerdKitledarraypython-listener.py", line 3, in <module> import serial File "C:Python26libsite-packagesserial_init_.py", line 18, in <module> from serialwin32 import * File "C:Python26libsite-packagesserialserialwin32.py", line 9, in <module> import win32file # The base COM port and file IO functions. ImportError: No module named win32file

</code>

I don't know what to do.

I tried changing this line "serial = serial.Serial("/dev/ttyUSB0", 115200)" to use COM5 (where the Nerdkit is plugged). But nothing helped.

Thanks for the help :D

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that the microcontroller's crystal oscillator can be used to keep accurate time? Learn more...