NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Fantastic first experience!

April 11, 2011
by RickR

I just finished working through the USB NerdKit this past weekend and what a thoroughly enjoyable experience it was! This is the first electronics kit of any kind I've ever ordered, and it was an absolute joy to work through. I hit a few snags getting the LCD to work the first time, but that was due to me missing one key instruction along the way. Plugging in the 9V battery and seeing the congratulations message the first time was awesome! I like the fact that small (and celebrated) victories are included along the way in the kit, makes it that much more enjoyable.

I managed to get the temperature sensor circuit to work, well almost, I'm stuck working through 3 compiling errors, debugging is part of the fun! But, the circuit works with the included tempsensor file, so I know it's my code somewhere, but I'm using this as an exercize to learn more about programming in C. The LED blinking light was fun to mess with from strobe effects to really slow blinks, my kids were fascinated by the lightshow, so I think my first solo adventure after working through the kit again is going to involve LEDs of some sort.

You all did an excellent job putting this kit together, and the manual alone is worth the price. Excellent explanations and diagrams. Thanks again for a fantastic first experience!

April 12, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the kind words. I look forward to reading about your future projects on the forums.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that electric fields behave differently in different materials? Learn more...