NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » Exception in getReading

April 15, 2011
by brian481516

I am workin on the meat thermometer project. Output to the LCD works great. I'm having a issue getting the graph to display though. When I run it, I only see a black screen with a blue line. I commented out the code to show the background because I was getting an exception, and I saw that suggested on another thread. This is what I see: "pygame.jpg". The program is not responsive. In the Python shell program the output appears to be correct for a minute or so, but then I always get an exception.

Exception in thread Thread-1: Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:Python27libthreading.py", line 530, in __bootstrap_inner self.run() File "C:NerdKitspc-pygame2.py", line 42, in run self.zero = self.averageReadings(1000) File "C:NerdKitspc-pygame2.py", line 28, in averageReadings sum += self.getReading() File "C:NerdKitspc-pygame2.py", line 23, in getReading return self.getReading()

"pythonshell.jpg"

April 15, 2011
by brian481516

lll

April 15, 2011
by brian481516

I applogize for the broken image links... here are the correct pictures:

pygame.jpg

pythonshell.jpg

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build a giant scrolling LED array with our microcontroller kit? Learn more...