NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » PIC16C54C

May 07, 2011
by mikey

Since the Pic16c54c is also a microcontroller, Would it be possable to do the same thing with Atmel ATmega168 And program it with the C code. Is it like a big jump and it wouldn't work or could it? Thanks in advance.

-Mike

May 07, 2011
by Rick_S

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. But if you are asking if you can take a program written for a PIC16C54C and use it on an Atmel microcontroller, the answer is no. The hardware in a PIC is completely different. If you fully understood the program written for the PIC, you may be able to port it over by rewriting any section that referred to the PIC specific hardware.

If I didn't grasp what you were trying to ask, please clarify.

Rick

May 07, 2011
by mikey

Sorry. What I was mainly asking was could you program the Pic16c54c with 1.The NerdKits Usb cable and 2.Could We be able to program it with C.

-Mike

May 07, 2011
by Rick_S
  1. I don't believe you can use the NK cable as from what I understand PIC controllers require what is called a PIKKIT to program them.
  2. I do believe some if not all PIC's can be programmed in C, however you would have to use their compiler. WINAVR would not program a PIC.

Rick

May 07, 2011
by mikey

Thanks for clearing it all up for me. Thanks :D

-Mike

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that many systems in nature can be described by a first order response? Learn more...