NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » PCB arrived

May 22, 2011
by esoderberg

My drive by wire project has enough components that I had a bit of a rat's nest of wires to connect them all. After breaking down and finally learning how to use Eagle, I had a couple boards made at Batch PCB that cleaned up my setup considerably. Also put up a design just for the basic Nerdkit components if anyone is interested in making a more permanent version of one of their NK projects. A couple other NK members have similar boards there too. Before and after pics:

before

After

Dev board schematic available to anyone interested: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8Rk0npCAdiOMWQ1YzI5MzEtMzRjNC00YmNkLTgxZmEtODVjZTVkNjE4YjY5&hl=en_US&authkey=CKDCvqYC

Dev board PCB layout as well:https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8Rk0npCAdiONThjYTk2ODUtM2ViNS00Y2VmLTk3ODctZTI5ODUyZWY3ZGEz&hl=en_US&authkey=CIvrt-wI

May 22, 2011
by Hexorg

Your pics are broken. But good job making it :D

May 22, 2011
by esoderberg

Stan,

That's odd, they show up fine for me (except they're too big and I'm not sure how to resize).

Eric

May 22, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Eric,

It seems like the rest of the world doesn't have permission to see those files on your google docs, so I think the links only work for you. I would really like to see those pics though.

Humberto

May 22, 2011
by esoderberg

before

May 22, 2011
by esoderberg

after

May 23, 2011
by Noter

Still no pics visible, just a box with a little x in the upper left corner.

Why not use imgur.com as explained in the how to linked below?

May 23, 2011
by Rick_S

I see them fine... 2nd one is a bit blurry though :D

Rick

May 23, 2011
by bretm

I see them, too. It looks nice.

May 23, 2011
by Noter

Hmm ... I wonder why I don't see them. I am using IE8. What browser are you using?

May 23, 2011
by Noter

This is what I get - IE8 View

May 23, 2011
by Noter

I don't have problems with any other images on the site or anywhere else. Wierd ...

May 23, 2011
by Rick_S

I'm using IE9

This is what I get

Screen Shot

Rick

May 23, 2011
by Rick_S

On my netbook, Firefox 4.01 on Win Vista = no photo's, IE9 on the same computer = photo's there.

Wierd...

Where did you host them Eric?

May 23, 2011
by missle3944

I see them on Chrome too

-missle3944

May 23, 2011
by esoderberg

Rick,

I hosted the pictures on Google Docs. I guess next time I'll use imgur.com so everyone can see.

Eric

May 23, 2011
by mongo

I use photobucket for mine. So far, I have not had a single problem. Easy to use and set up as well as link to.

May 24, 2011
by Rick_S

Same here, I use photobucket too.

Rick

May 24, 2011
by Noter

Figured it out, I can see them now. By default IE8 restricts a cookie that google must write before displaying the image. Set IE security to allow all cookies, view the image, then if you wish you can set security back to default. Once the cookie is written it stays there and Google Doc images work from that point forward.

May 25, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Strange I had to sign into Google Docs and then I got a download for the two pictures and now one of the pictures is showing up inline which it was not doing before signing in. I am using Chrome 11.0.6

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect a computer keyboard to your microcontroller? Learn more...