NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » LCD offest(?) problems.

June 30, 2011
by kellyjosephprice

So, I'm working through the provided material. The temperature sensor firmware (is that the proper term?) has a weird problem. It displays this:

emperature: 82.43

on line 1 no less. I loaded the initialload code again, and got a similar problem. It only displays the last line of the four that it should, also, on line 1. Thanks in advance.

imgur gallery link of board

July 07, 2011
by bkzshabbaz

I'm getting the same issue. Anyone have any insight?

July 07, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Download the Nerdkit software again, and start over.

You might also start over from scratch with a empty breadboard.

You will be amazed how fast you get at setting up the breadboard, often the easiest way to solve a wiring problem is to just start over.

Ralph

July 07, 2011
by kellyjosephprice

I have started from scratch on both accounts. But, I suppose I will try again.

July 07, 2011
by SpaceGhost

Did you do the tempsensor_edu project, where you followed the guide and filled in the missing portions of the code? If so you may have missed something, or mixed something up...

July 07, 2011
by kellyjosephprice

Yes, I've loaded both the tempsensor and tempsensor_edu project, and the initialload code. It's not specific to the loaded firmware.

July 16, 2011
by bkzshabbaz

After I removed "-j .text" from the Makefile for the initialload program, I was able to see all the text for all four lines. But when I load the tempsensor program, I still see a blank LCD. Even the LED I stick in breadboard row 12 won't light up when the tempsensor program is loaded (but does for initialload).

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that an electroluminescent backlight for an LCD panel requires hundreds of volts AC to run? Learn more...