NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » using avr to signal condition fredericks electrolytic inclinometer.

July 29, 2011
by cujofever

http://www.frederickscom.com/sens_tech_circuit.tpl

The link above describes how to use a microcontroller to signal condition frederick's electrolytic inclinometers.

I'm tried using an 8 bit timer interrupt to drive the sensor then use an adc to capture the output. Seems like the interrupt handler and the adc are butting heads. Please share how you would attack this project based on the link above. Thank you.

August 01, 2011
by bretm

Sounds like the strain gauge tutorial only which two axes instead of one.

August 01, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi cujofever,

You would definitely want to approach this using timers. I suggest just picking two directions to read at first (maybe +x and -x) and flipping between those two configurations. This will simplify your code. Doing timing in conjunction with ADC conversions can be a bit tricky. You have to make sure you give yourself enough time to do the full conversion before jumping out of your interrupt handler, and you have to make sure that the switching is fast enough to be within the proper operating range of your inclinometer.

Humberto

August 03, 2011
by cujofever

Things are looking up. I have an interrupt timer working in harmony with the adc. Thanks for your responses. The strain gage code had a nice way of toggling the pins.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a thermometer can be made "faster" by using a bit of math? Learn more...