NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » problem with initialload

August 27, 2011
by Kareemroks101

ive been trying to get the first code to install, but i keep getting this error:

Error

August 27, 2011
by missle3944

Hi Kareemroks101,

I think this is a very common error. But I believe it could be your wiring on your breadboard. I'd just recheck it because sometimes wires are loose or misplaced. Also make sure your driver is installed correctly. Hope this helps!

-Dan

August 27, 2011
by Kareemroks101

I'm completely sure that my wiring is correct. In the drivers folders that I download, there were two installers, one said vista and the otter said nothing, so which one would be for windows 7?

August 28, 2011
by Rick_S

If you go to the Library FAQ section, there are drivers for Windows 7 there if you need them.

Rick

August 28, 2011
by Kareemroks101

I installed the Windows 7 drivers, but i'm still getting the same error.

August 28, 2011
by Kareemroks101

ok, I just got it to work now, my problem was that I was flipping the switch to programming mode while it was still on and I never rebooted the chip while it was in that mode. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build an analog amplifier with one transistor and a few resistors? Learn more...