NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Trouble with initialload makefile in Mac OS X Lion (Continued)

October 05, 2011
by Aploosh

Thanks for sending me the new cable and chip, Humberto! Unfortunately, I'm still getting an error.

After trying to compile the code using the make command, I get this error:

make -C ../libnerdkits
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
avr-gcc -g -Os -Wall -mmcu=atmega168  -Wl,-u,vfprintf -lprintf_flt -Wl,-u,vfscanf -lscanf_flt -lm -o initialload.o initialload.c ../libnerdkits/delay.o ../libnerdkits/lcd.o ../libnerdkits/uart.o
avr-objcopy -j .text -O ihex initialload.o initialload.hex
avrdude -c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -P /dev/cu.usbserial -U flash:w:initialload.hex:a

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding
make: *** [initialload-upload] Error 1
October 05, 2011
by Aploosh

I'm using the new cable, the new chip, and my other Mac running OS X Lion. The device is still listed as /dev/cu.usbserial

October 05, 2011
by Aploosh

Also, I'm left with an initialload.hex and an initialload.o file in the initialload directory. Should I delete these files before trying the make process again?

October 05, 2011
by Aploosh

Nevermind, I flipped the switch and it works now! The programming switch was in run mode rather than programming mode (duh)!

October 05, 2011
by Ralphxyz

[quote] The programming switch was in run mode rather than programming mode (duh)! [/quote]

Happens to the best of us, or at least it at least once.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that microcontrollers have two different kinds of memory, program space (flash) and SRAM? Learn more...