NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Project Help and Ideas » LED Array Test project

October 26, 2011
by nerdgirl

Hello,

I've been working on the LED Array project. When I type "make" at the prompt, this is what I'm getting: Any and all suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

LED Array Test

October 26, 2011
by nerdgirl

okay, I've worked through my first problem which is posted above. Now when I run the "make" file with a power source, only the middle LED's come on. Not all of the LED's come on. What could I be doing wrong? Thank you in advance.

October 26, 2011
by hariharan

usually, this happens because of not connecting the mcu the right way. this happened to me a lot of times and it was usually because of a loose wire or low battery. check the library on this website, it can be very helpful.

October 26, 2011
by nerdgirl

Here is a photo of my LED Array nerdkit project. It's a bit blurred but I hope someone can spot a wiring mistake as to why only the "middle" part of my array lights up. I followed the cathode/anode schematic. I'm quite certain the problem is within my wiring on the nerdkit. Thanks for your help. :-) By the way, the red wires are my "row" wires.

Wiring

October 26, 2011
by nerdgirl

Thanks everyone that would have helped. I was able to solve the problem and now my LED Array works just fine. :-)

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can build a giant scrolling LED array with our microcontroller kit? Learn more...