NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » Cheap Electronic Component Supplier

November 22, 2011
by dgikuljot

As some of you guys may know, I like to find good priced items and if they are high quality to make video reviews. Well I Have found an Electronics Supplier that not only is cheap but also has good quality components.

My video review of their packaging and their store can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW-tXUMTjNU

And their website is: www.taydaelectronics.com

Please share your opinion of what you guys think of this supplier

November 22, 2011
by Ralphxyz

Thanks always looking for good suppliers.

Did you mean www.taydaelectronics.com?

The instructions for embedding a link are at the bottom of this page.

It's just [title](link)

Ralph

November 22, 2011
by dgikuljot

@Ralphxyz Thanks thats what I meant. It is hard to find good suppliers with low shipping costs, thats what turned me away frim DigiKey and Jameco. This is even betetr than FutureLec because of the way they pack their orders and the shipping is a little faster.

So heres my video link again http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW-tXUMTjNU

November 23, 2011
by dgikuljot

I guess this would be a good place to list other good suppliers you guys have found also. Always good to have multiple suppliers under your belt :)

December 15, 2011
by missle3944

I just placed an order at Tayda Electronics, cheap prices and a great shipping deal. I ordered tons of transistors and headers. I'll get back to you guys when I get my order in the mail!

-Dan

December 15, 2011
by dgikuljot

@ Missle3944 Good choice with the headers. These guys have the cheapest prices on headers and pins and I ordered a bunch of them too. The only think I dont get is how to properly cut the headers. The pins inside the socket keep popping out because I keep cuttign into the sockets right next to the one im trying to cut.

December 20, 2011
by pandal3oy

So I am in West Africa right now. Internet is slow if I am even able to get it. I just want to get a good variety bag of some general use transistors, resistors, capacitors and diodes. I don't have the time to sit and sort through all of them since they are so cheap anyways. Is there a place that does that? It is so hard clicking and ordering one by one in a country with barely any electricity lol. Hopefully shipping isn't a killer. I saw good prices on futurlec but wished they had a goodie bag of stuff to buy. Thanks for the help!

December 20, 2011
by dgikuljot

Unfortunately these guys don't have any assortments. But Futurlec does have assortments/ value packs. Here is a link: http://futurlec.com/ValuePacks.shtml

Futurlec Assortments

December 20, 2011
by dgikuljot

Something went wrong in the link. Here it is Again: http://futurlec.com/ValuePacks.shtml FuturLec Assortments

December 20, 2011
by pandal3oy

Thanks! Thats perfect!

December 24, 2011
by missle3944

Hey guys,

I got my Tayda Electronics goody bag in the mail on thursday and I've just been sorting some of the components and parts that I bought. Anyways here is a video of the unboxing and review. These guys are pretty good as dgikuljot said. Everything seemed to be really cheap and reasonable. I think they are working on getting more parts for the site.

-Dan

December 27, 2011
by boxvic

I'm a big fan of All Electronics. They are like a whole seller/overstock seller- so they don't always have a static stock; but sometimes they have a run of really interesting stuff. They have always had a huge selection of LEDs, caps and resistors though when I've looked and great shipping speed. I prefer to buy my smaller components from them versus the bigger name places.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits has been featured on Slashdot, Hack A Day, Hacked Gadgets, the MAKE blog, and other DIY-oriented websites? Learn more...