NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Basic Electronics » connencting two ics to port

January 31, 2012
by tchilzer2

Can I use the same data lines from the usb to connect to two different chips on the same corresponding pins as long as they arent both sending data at the same time?

January 31, 2012
by treymd

Bobamosfet gave someone similar advice in another thread in this forum not too long ago. He said it should be fine, to sum it up.

I have seen designs where people chain the UARTs together too, where the PC Tx goes to the first MCU, whos TX goes to the Next MCU, then the last MCU in the chain connects it's TX to the computers RX. You can then use your own addressing scheme in software to send data to a particular MCU.

January 31, 2012
by tchilzer2

Great thanks. I couldn,t see any reason it couldnt be done, I just wanted to double check cause Im still real new at this. Oh by the way I did get that L298n h bridge, but I got the kit. Put it together last night and it works great! thanks again for that too.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can control 120 LEDs with just 17 microcontroller pins? Learn more...