NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Sensors, Actuators, and Robotics » alarm clock

May 13, 2012
by lukel

I need help making an alarm clock. I need it to be able to delay for 24 hours. I also need help with the sound effects. I need it to sound like a cow.

May 13, 2012
by Ralphxyz

Hi Luke, I was afraid I scared you off with the ultrasonic sensor project glad to see you are still here.

What type of clock are you using?

Is it the Nerdkit RTC or possible Rick's I2C RTC Project or there are hundreds of other clock projects out there on google.

I did some playing around with some analog chips and actually made a cow sound but that was long ago and I haven't the slightest how how or what I used but it is possible.

You have to modulate an analog output signal, which "should" be possible to do with the mcu.

Ralph

May 15, 2012
by Ralphxyz

Luke here is one way of getting your Moooo sound.

I Googled circuit making cow sound?

You might do this with just the Nerdkit using the internal EEPROM to hold the moo. Not saying it would be easy but it sure would be fun.

Off course you could use a larger external EEPROM or SD card.

A project like this really gives you great learning opportunities.

Ralph

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you need to think about wires differently when you're transmitting signals more than a few inches? Learn more...