NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » bootloader for ATtiny13

September 16, 2009
by tech20

this is a smaller one of the avr series, but has anyone downloaded a bootloader for these MCUs. I would greatly appreciate it if someone has made one, or knows a source for these MCUs with the bootloader in them already

September 16, 2009
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi tech20,

The ATtiny series doesn't have bootloader support at all -- you have to program the chips directly via an ISP programmer, such as our parallel port hack (if your computer has a parallel port), or something like the Atmel AVRISP-MKII. Hope that helps!

Mike

January 25, 2011
by alexguiral

Hi Mike,

What's the smallest MCU from ATmel that supports your great bootloader ?! Thanks !

//Alex

January 26, 2011
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Alexguiral,

I'm not too familiar with the entire AVR line but just looking through their website I think the only smaller chip that is still loadable with a similar bootloder is the ATmega48, which is basically the Atmega168's little brother. It only has 4KB of Flash memory and 512 bytes of RAM.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) can be used to control the speed of a motor digitally? Learn more...