NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Kit MCU 168

December 02, 2012
by THOMASAWROBE

! G:TECHNICAL INFORMElectronic KitsCodeinitialload>"make" make -C ../lilibnerdkits/makefile make: ../lilibnerdkits/makefile: No such file or directory. Stop. make: [initialload.hex] Error 2

Get this error when trying to activate the "make" file from the initialload folder? I have added COM7 to the file, this appears to be the port the USB cable is plugged into. Can you please Help with this? I am not sure What file it is looking for?

December 02, 2012
by dvdsnyd

Thomas,

The folder structure is pretty picky. After you downloaded the Nerdkits folder, did you do anything to its structure?

If you navigate to the initialload folder, you should be able to use the command ls, and a file called makefile should be in the list. Then as long as you have the serial cable and breadboard properly configured and set up, you should just have to type make. to invoke the compile and program transfer/download process.

From what I see, you are attempting to do all this with this line:

"make" make -C ../lilibnerdkits/makefile make:

If you are still having problems, try copying and pasting your entire terminal history.

Good Luck, David

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that the Timer/Counter modules on the microcontroller can be configured to output a PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal? Learn more...