NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » XMEGA

July 29, 2013
by esoderberg

Anyone else here try out the XMEGA line of MC? I've spent the last few weeks working with this dev board and have been impressed. xmegaD4

Compared to the the 328 atmega it's a nice step up in performance(32Mhz @ 3v) plus a big bump in the number of available peripherals, as well as some brand new features like an "event system" that allows for system response outside the main CPU thread (which is very helpful in keeping the number of interrupts workable). Plus they're relatively cheap (generally on par with atmega line). Another bonus is the portability of the code. It's nearly seamless to port from one family of XMEGA to another. I did find getting started a little tough, because there are some new techniques: xmega_guide and the datasheets are not setup quite like the Atmega's, but its worth the learning curve. Posting to let the crowd know that if they start to work with the XMEGA line, there's at least one other person here who might be able to help with some of the basics.

Eric

July 29, 2013
by esoderberg

I intended to link the xmega D data sheet not the Event System Intro above; here's the basic xmega D datasheet: xmegaD_DS

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that NerdKits make a great gift? Learn more...