NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » RIP Jim Kitson

March 29, 2016
by Rick_S

I was notified by Jim's wife Judy today that he passed away Monday 3/28. Here is a portion of the email she sent me.

Rick,

You may have wondered why Jim hasn't written you in some time. Jim has been sick this past year, and about a week ago it all caught up with him with a heart attack, giving him his helecopter ride to St. George, UT. This morning he passed away peacfully (and for the first time in several months, pain free.) He was a very special person, and had a remarkable mind, that unfortunately had begun to fail him the last few weeks.

Jim will be missed. He was a very kind hearted soul. It was an honor to know him.

RIP Jim.

March 29, 2016
by BobaMosfet

Rick--

Thanks for this. Sucky day. :/

BM

March 29, 2016
by sask55

That is sad news about Jim. I agree! he will certainly be missed here on this forum. I personally never had the opportunity to meet Jim in person, but never the less, I feel I did know him. I am feeling a sense of loss with his passing.

Darryl

April 10, 2016
by countryguy828

This is very sad news. I first discovered nerdkits when I was doing a google search on making a tractor pull sled monitor and discovered Jim's thread here in the forums. I was captivated by his post the community and the potential for this device. I long for the day for the nerdkits to return to its former glory.

Jim will be in my thoughts.

Dave

May 14, 2016
by mongo

WOW... Shocked.

He will be missed.

July 14, 2016
by lnino

This are really sad news.

RIP Jim.

Nino

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that any circuit of voltage sources and resistors can be simplified to a "Thevenin" equivalent circuit? Learn more...