NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » New Kit and LCD

April 14, 2009
by DonNYC

I am visiting a friend in Florida and I bought him a NerdKit as a gift. I also ordered a few new LCDs for me.

On the download page the guide is for the old 2X24 LCD.

1. Is there a new guide for the larger LCD? If not can you post directions to connect it to the NerdKit?

2. Is there a new lcd library?

Thanks

April 14, 2009
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi DonNYC,

The answer is yes to both questions. We just added the new version of the kit to your account, and you should be able to download the new guide and the new code library and examples.

Humberto

April 15, 2009
by DonNYC

Got it.

Thanks.

I took a quick look at the code and it looks my current programs will work with out any changes, other than loosing the last 4 characters on the display.

August 06, 2009
by 59zoocat

Ditto. I too have just ordered a second 'newer' 4 line display and can't seem to find any data on it. Hook me up, Please. BTW: I'm loving your kits and their concise instructions. Your support is excellent!

August 06, 2009
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi 59zoocat,

Just added it to your account downloads page -- sorry for the delay!

Mike

August 04, 2010
by kle8309

Hi, I just bought a couple of the HD44780 1602 16x2 LCM Character LCD Display on ebay and was wondering if anyone knows how to tweak the nerdkits lib so that it could display. Thanks

August 05, 2010
by Rick_S

I believe they should work as is. I've used many different displays and not had a problem.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that talking to the microcontroller over the USB/Serial link is easy under Windows, Linux, and OS X? Learn more...