NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Microcontroller Programming » Check out my new project!

February 03, 2010
by lcruz007

Hello there!

I want to share with you guys again another project I made using the nerdkits! It is a simple monochrome composite video screen... I used the accelerometer remote controller I did a while ago to move a gray line in a black background I generated using the atmega328.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuWIbdxwSCk

Let me know what you think of it please :)

February 03, 2010
by Frozenlock

Holy crap! It's the beta Wii! ;-)

Well done!!

What did you use to transfer the signal from the atmega to the tv?

February 03, 2010
by lcruz007

Hey, thank you! lol

I used a simple composite RCA cable to transfer the signal from the MCU to the TV. I am still working on it though :p, I still got a lot to do.

February 03, 2010
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi lcruz007,

Very cool! It would be great if you would put a link to this forum thread from your YouTube video comments, so that people who find you through YouTube can get back to here.

Do you have some a resistor-based voltage divider between the microcontroller's output pin and the composite RCA cable?

Mike

February 04, 2010
by lcruz007

Alright, I linked this thread already to my youtube video :)

Yes, I used some resistors to bring lower the voltage. The voltage I am using is between 0.3 and 1V to create monochrome composite video. Right now I am using two output pins of the MCU, one for white, and one for gray.

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that a NerdKit can take control of a remote-controlled car? Learn more...