NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » Hey, Mike & Humberto: Vote Pop-ups

March 04, 2010
by Phrank916

Any way to make the pop-ups stop after one has pressed yes and has gone and voted? They are a little too frequent and a bit of a nuisance.

March 04, 2010
by mcai8sh4

Ted - I see your point, but voting ends tomorrow, so you won't have to endure them much longer :)

Maybe future popups should accommodate your suggestion, as I can see how they can get in the way.

March 04, 2010
by Phrank916

GAH! I just had a post typed out and the pop-up appeared and since I was hitting a space while typing it took me to the buckits page automatically and erased what I had typed out. anyway...

What I was trying to say was, work is really slow and boring right now, so I come here and troll all day. LOL. I guess I just notice the pop-ups more because I don't have a life! LOL One more day won't kill me.

March 04, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Phrank916,

In order to make your forum browsing experience more pleasant I just made the time between popups that logged in users will see much larger. If you are logged in the next time you dismiss the popup you should not see it again until tomorrow =).

Humberto

March 04, 2010
by Phrank916

Hehe, it really wasn't a huge deal, but thanks Humberto. As always, you guys ROCK!

March 05, 2010
by bretm

Wow, the popups are really, really annoying. Sixth one so far this morning. Last one killed this reply because I hit a space, just like Phrank916. Please don't use this method next time. Put a huge pink banner across the top of the page or something--we'll see it.

By the way, I have to hit "no" every time because my paypal account is hosed and has been for years and I can't fix it.

Also, I delete cookies after exiting the brower, so it sounds like answer "yes" wouldn't have helped me anyway.

March 06, 2010
by mcai8sh4

So... how did you do? Did you get enough votes?

March 06, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

We won't know until sometime Monday morning. We will be sure to keep you all posted!

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you need to think about wires differently when you're transmitting signals more than a few inches? Learn more...