NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Support Forum » american flag style error code

June 06, 2010
by si3ge

PICTURES...

heres some pictures of the screen i am seeing and my connections. i noticed that another user had pictures up and had a wire goig from LCD pin 12 to Breadboard slot 15a... originally I had this in 15b but changing this did not solve the problem. i had previously received the 1st and 3rd lines solid screen but then checked connections and now i get this... any idea what this screen indicates?

June 07, 2010
by mongo

On the LCD pic, it appears that the wires are offset one spot on the connector. Not all of them, just the four on the right. There should be two blank spots on the end, not three.

June 07, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi si3ge,

mongo is right, your LCD connections do look they are off by 1.

I think there is also a problem with your power connection. It looks like you have row 28 of your breadboard connected to GND, which should be the input pin of the 7805. It looks like your battery wires are connected correctly, you just need to move the green ground wire you have down to row 29 of the breadboard.

Humberto

June 07, 2010
by si3ge

already noticed the LCD problem and fixed. here is the new status. back to 1st and 3rd line error :(

June 07, 2010
by si3ge

BTW thanks for the help guys!

June 07, 2010
by mongo

One more minor error I see...

Pins 20, 21, 22.

20 and 21 should be +5V 22 should be ground. (-) Looks like 23 is grounded instead.

The display is showing the kit in program mode. I don't see a program switch on pin 14.

June 07, 2010
by mongo

OOOOPS! Looks like Humberto caught the green wire too... I didn't read it correctly.

June 07, 2010
by mongo

hmmm... maybe not. I just looked again. Pin 23 is the A/D input for the temp indicator program. Stiil move the wire over to 22.

June 07, 2010
by si3ge

now this is where im at

June 07, 2010
by si3ge

still getting 1st and 3rd line error

June 07, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi si3ge,

You should fix the wiring error mongo pointed out above. The GND wire on the right side of the breadboard power connection to the chip (pin 22 of the MCU) is incorrect. Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Humberto

June 07, 2010
by wayward

Lol at the nationalistic error :)

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can control 120 LEDs with just 17 microcontroller pins? Learn more...