NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » Problems connecting to the Programmer

June 22, 2010
by KLuna

This is the message I get when I type make C:nerdkitsinitialload>make avrdude -c avr109 -p m168 -b 115200 -P com15 -u flash:w: initialload.hex:a avrdude: ser_open<>: can't open device "COM15":The system cannot find the file specified

I have changed my COM and tried different USB ports on the same computer, I am getting COM 13, Com 14 , Com 15 assigned

I can turn the switch off on the project board reconnect power and the Display will stop scrolling with the switch back on I have to cycle power to start the scrolling. I would assume this is correct. But I can't figure out my connect problem

June 22, 2010
by mongo

com 15?

Should be 5 or lower. Typically, it is 4 or 5 by my experience.

Make sure your USB port is in that range and change the parameters in the source files accordingly.

June 22, 2010
by KLuna

Got it !!! I went under Control Panel | System | Hardware (tab)|Device Manager|Ports (com & Lpt1| Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COM15)Double click |Port Settings (Tab)| Advanced|COM Port Number| I set this to Com2 and It worked Thanks

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that one NerdKits customer controlled a laser pointer with his computer using a microcontroller? Learn more...