NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Customer Testimonials » I changed my college major because of this kit!!!

August 31, 2010
by DrPancake

Hello,

I bought the nerdkit a couple weeks ago and fell in love with it. I have bought other electronics kits in the past but it was always just one project after another; connect x to y and z to whatever and flick the switch and ta da you are on your way to becoming an electrical engineer. Although there would barley be an explination and it was basically me following instructions with no idea what i was doing. The nerdkit explains every step of the way what you are doing and why you are doing it. I was into it I had finished the projects within a few days (except for the 20+ projects that are on the website, and i was working on my nerdkit virtually every moment of my free time) I bought the LED array and did the same thing and love it.

The nerdkit series has gotten me to love electronics so much I am currently a college student and decided to change my major from computer science to electrical engineering.

Building something tangible and being able to put my programming skills to work also is just such a great feeling and such a sense of accomplishment.

Anyways thank you Nerds for making THIS Nerd very happy!

Many thanks, Brett

September 01, 2010
by mrobbins
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Brett,

Glad to hear you've enjoyed the kits!

To be honest, when I saw the title of your post, it made me think that your original major was something like art history or French literature. Now that would have been a tremendous leap. :-)

Mike

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that you can connect to certain car computers via the OBD-II port with a microcontroller? Learn more...