NerdKits - electronics education for a digital generation

You are not logged in. [log in]

NEW: Learning electronics? Ask your questions on the new Electronics Questions & Answers site hosted by CircuitLab.

Everything Else » My nerdkits tweaks (had to do something with the kit while i work on learning C)

September 02, 2010
by sporkalicious

so far i've basicly just mounted the breadboard and lcd to a piece of plastic i had laying around, and wired in a computer power supply stlye plug, so I could use this nifty wall adapter i had that came with an internal drive to usb adapter. Give me a nice solid, stable 5v (3A) and a 12v (3A) output, and has a switch built into it.

To Do:

add a switch to change from plug-in to battery power(should work as a power switch for the battery when it's not plugged in as well)

add a plug for the usb/serial cable(possibly set it up so that the voltage from the usb cable triggers a transistor to ground pin 14)

wire up the lcd back-light(a photo-resistor to turn it on/off could be nifty)

read and reread the tutorials, and guides on C so i can make more than a thermometer and a 7+7 calculator

September 03, 2010
by hevans
(NerdKits Staff)

Hi Sporkalicious,

That is a very awesome base for your NerdKit! Make sure you let us know if you have any questions about C. We are glad to help.

Humberto

Post a Reply

Please log in to post a reply.

Did you know that LEDs (light emitting diodes) only conduct current in one direction, like normal diodes? Learn more...